Cover Letter - Sample Clips of Jersey Jubilation
Thank you for your interest in the Jersey jubilation handbell Choir.
This cover letter is provided to document to you the contents of the files
being sent to you to allow you to evaluate our capabilities to provide you
with a program of music using authentic English Handbells cast in the same
Foundry in England as our Liberty Bell.
You should be receiving eleven files making up our sample package. These are as follows:
• Notes regarding sample audio cuts and video clips.doc (this document provides introductory notes for each of the cuts and tracks below)
AUDIO TRACKS (open with Windows Media player or any player capable of playing a .wav file)
1) [Audio-01] Angels From The Realms of Glory.jjhc
2) [Audio-01] First Noel.jjhc
3) [Audio-01] Nativity Celebration.jjhc
4) [Audio-01] Jingle Bell Boogie.jjhc
VIDEO CLIPS (open with Windows Media player or any player capable of playing an .mp4 file)
5) [Video-01] Soon and Very Soon.jjhc
6) [Video-01] On This Day Earth Shall Ring.jjhc
7) [Video-01] Moonscape - Still Still Still.jjhc
8) [Video-01] Ding Dong Merrily on High.jjhc
9) [Video-01] Jingle Bell Boogie.jjhc
10) [Video-01] Sleigh Ride.jjhc
All tracks have been tested on Windows Media Player.
Once you have had a chance to listen to the tracks, we invite you to contact Christine Braden, Director of Jersey Jubilation at 201-447-2751 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss a program with you!
Welcome To HTML & XHTML
Thank you for your interest in our handbell choir. I enjoyed talking to you regarding an opportunity
to provide a program for your event.
To help you evaluate our ensemble capabilities, I have enclosed a number of documents as follows:
Cover Letter - Sample Clips of Jersey Jubilation.doc
Notes regarding sample audio cuts and video clips.doc
1) C001T01 [clip] Angels From The Realms of Glory.wav
2) C001T06 [clip] First Noel.wav
3) C001T07 [clip] Nativity Celebration.wav
4) C001T10 [clip] Jingle Bell Boogie.wav
5) Vidcut-2-Soon and Very Soon.mp4 -
6) Vidcut-3-On This Day Earth Shall Ring .mp4
7) Vidcut-4-Moonscape - Still Still Still.mp4
8) Vidcut-5-Ding Dong Merrily on High.mp4
9) Vidcut-6-Jingle Bell Boogie.mp4
10) Vidcut-7-Sleigh Ride.mp4
Please download them all. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Once you have had a chance to listen to the clips and watch the videos, please give me a call
to share feedback and to discuss your needs. I look forward to hearing from you.
Director, Jersey Jubilation Handbell Choir
Home - 201-447-2751
Notes regarding sample audio cuts and video clips of
Jersey Jubilation Handbell Choir in Ridgewood, NJ.
For copyright fair-use purposes, the items have been trimmed so as not to infringe on copyrights of the composers and/or arrangers.
AUDIO CUTS – These cuts are taken from selections on our Holiday season CD.
1) C001T01 [clip] Angels From The Realms of Glory.wav - Audio cut –
This arrangement demonstrates different sounds and harmonies available
with the bells.
2) C001T06 [clip] First Noel.wav Audio cut – This is a bell arrangement of the familiar carol. This arrangement incorporates our Suzuki Hand Chimes to compliment the bells.
3) C001T07 [clip] Nativity Celebration.wav - Audio cut – This selection demonstrates the percussive effects of the bells. The choir director, Mrs Braden, explains to the audience the methods of producing such sounds.
4) C001T10 [clip] Jingle Bell Boogie.wav - Audio cut - This is an enjoyable, contemporary arrangement of Jingle Bells in the Boogie style and rhythm. A video clip is included below to see how the ringers generate the sounds and energy.
VIDEO CLIPS - Two settings are shown on the clips. The first setting (clip 5) is a formal presentation in a dinner format at which the choir was placed in the center of the room with dinner settings surrounding (sort of a “theatre-in-the-round” setting. The second setting (clips 6-10) were recorded in a recent end-of-year seasonal concert. In this setting, the choir is arranged in row format with the lower sounding bells up front. The choir will present on tables in rows, in L-shaped, and in U-shaped formats depending on the space available. During presentations, the Director, Mrs Christing Braden, will offer historical or contemporary background on the music and what to hear for in bell, accompaniment or percussion sounds as appropriate.
5) Vidcut-2-Soon and Very Soon.mp4 - This presentation was made as a formal awards dinner entertainment. It included a processional. You will hear people joining in singing the tune.
6) Vidcut-3-On This Day Earth Shall Ring .mp4 - This arrangement shows how the bells can develop rhythmic crescendos which adds texture to the music.
7) Vidcut-4-Moonscape - Still Still Still.mp4 - This arrangement incorporates the use of a flute and an instrument called a rain stick to nurture a feeling of being in a rain forest of peace and natural beauty. The choir presents with other instruments at times depending on the arrangement and scoring including synth, drums, blocks, guitar and cello.
8) Vidcut-5-Ding Dong Merrily on High.mp4 – This presentation show the visual effect of the choir, particularly with the large bells up front.
9) Vidcut-6-Jingle Bell Boogie.mp4 – Video Clip – This is a video of the same piece on ausdio clip 4 above. In this piece, the lower bells are marching along with malleted bells to set the rhythm for the choir. You will also hear sticks adding to the rhythm texture.
10) Vidcut-7-Sleigh Ride.mp4 – Video Clip – This is a traditional arrangement of sleigh ride on bells accompanied with actual jingle bells, a pair of blocks (simulating the clip-clop of the horse) and a slap stick to conger the image of riding in a sleigh.